The Onion’s 10th Anniversary
Posted by austinburns on July 14, 2006
The Onion celebrated their 10th anniversary over the past two weeks by featuring some of their best articles for each year. Here are some of my favorites:
- Civil War Enthusiasts Burn Atlanta To Ground
- Letter D Pulls Sponsorship From Sesame Street
- Keep Your Fucking Shit Off My Desk
- Midwest Peace Talks Shattered By Illinois Toll-Booth Bombing
- Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking My Cock?
- Lewinsky Subpoenaed To Re-Blow Clinton On Senate Floor
- All Y’All Urged To Go Fuck Yo’ Selves
- Welcome To T.G.I. Fridays! May I Annoy The Living Shit Out Of You?
- Bush: ‘Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over’ (This was pre-9/11)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Bombed By Balsamic Extremists
- A Shattered Nation Longs To Care About Stupid Bullshit Again
- You Will Suffer Humiliation When The Sports Team From My Area Defeats The Sports Team From Your Area
- 18-Year-Old Miraculously Finds Soulmate In Hometown
- Massachusetts Supreme Court Orders All Citizens To Gay Marry
- Coke-Sponsored Rover Finds Evidence Of Dasani On Mars
- U.S. Finishes A ‘Strong Second’ In Iraq War
- Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New ‘Intelligent Falling’ Theory
- America Still Searching For Funniest Home Video
- Fritolaysia Cuts Off Chiplomatic Relations With Snakistan
- And one that’s not featured, but a favorite nonetheless: Fire Truck! Fire Truck! Fire Truck!
- Last, but not least, the best point-counterpoint ever: Hug Me! vs. No, Hug Me!